Trivia Part Two!

So its been a couple of days and I thought I'd give an update. Work on the fourth chapter is well underway, and the initial draft almost written. For those who enjoyed the chapter on the demons, you might be pleased to hear that they once again take the spotlight. It's taking me longer as, quite simply, the chapter is getting rather long by comparison to the others written. As with all the others it will then undergo a rigorous and thorough reading and re-wording of sections until im content with it.

Given my return to the demons story, I thought I'd add snippets of trivia with regards to some of the foreign terms used. As with all the other characters, the names too have meanings; they are all Korean (not that im implying all Korean's are demons, rather I liked the hard-edged tone of the language, finding it fitting to their characters). The origins of the name 'Chul-Moo' mean 'Iron Weapon,' 'Kwan' means 'Strong,' and rather ironically 'Haneul' means 'Heaven.'

Furthermore, the game they mention, 'Chikan,' is actually A Japanese word for frotteurism. Frotteurism is the act of rubbing your (erect) penis against someone, usually in a crowded train or something. I have no idea how I stumbled upon it (who knew there would be a word for that o_O) but liked it for its resemblance to the word 'chicken' more than its true meaning. Just call me the destroyer of childhood memories...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Captain Commandeers his Vessel...err blog...eh whatever.

Photo's With the White Man: The Ferret Does Beijing

Oppa Gangnam Style: The Ferret does Prague